What information does PulseMaps collect?
PulseMaps may gather and use information about you, including (but not
limited to) information in the following categories:
- Analytics information about visits to websites using the PulseMaps widget for tracking visitors, including IP address, geographical coordinates (derived from the IP address), number of page views, and duration of visits.
- Account data (email address, name, country of residence, website addresses)
- Standard analytics information about your use of the PulseMaps website and services including computer, platform, device and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our websites, and browser type.
- Information about websites administered by you, including website name, URL, and contact email address.
How does PulseMaps use this information and for what purpose?
Our primary purpose is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and safe experience when using the PulseMaps service. The main use of the PulseMaps service is to gather statistical and analytics information about website visitors, and publish that information in aggregate form.
PulseMaps collects and uses, or has third party service providers acting on PulseMaps’s behalf collecting and using, personal data relating to you, as permitted or necessary to:
- take, process, and deliver orders on our website, and notify you of the status of your orders
- provide you with customer support and troubleshoot problems
- inform you about service updates, special offers, service faults, or other information we think you may find interesting
- improve our products and services
Our disclosure of your personal information
Except as outlined below, PulseMaps will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any personal and/or traffic data or communications content to any third party without your explicit permission, unless it is obliged to do so under applicable laws or by order of the competent authorities. Please note that information that you voluntarily make public in your map detail pages, or which you disclose by posting comments will be publicly available and viewable by others.
PulseMaps may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to protect PulseMaps’s interests, fight against fraud and to enforce our policies or to protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic, improve our website, and provide a customized experience to visitors.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contain links to other websites, in particular websites which are using the PulseMaps service. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.